Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh my goodness, I've been gone a long time.

Things have been crazy busy here. No, you don't understand. CRAZY BUSY. I have my full-time job, Richard has eClutter, I have Willow Acre Fibers, and we both have the girls, who are enrolled in dance class on separate nights and increased visitation with their mom. Several weeks ago Aunt Connie passed away and left Richard and his brother a house that needs to be fixed up and sold. Which is over 2 hours away. Lots of work in the upcoming fall.

Willow Acre Fibers is doing really well. I've sold 30 items in the 5 weeks it's been open. I had an inquiry for wholesale prices on my roving from a yarn shop in Kentucky because they like what I have and want to carry it in their store. I worked up a price sheet/colorway sheet and was shocked to find that I've created 30 separate, distinct colorways in the 5 weeks my shop's been open. I was pleased to find that I had recorded enough information to compile into a recipe sheet for all 30 as well, so I can recreate any of them. I sent off the price sheet and am waiting to hear back.

I will be doing a spinning demo at Alpaca Days, hosted by Raspbaerry Farms in Plymouth, Wisconsin on September 27-28. They invited me to bring any handspun yarns or handpainted rovings to sell if I like as well, which is a wonderful opportunity. I'll have to go through my inventory of handspun and see what I have, and make up some of my more popular colorways of roving as well.

See what I mean about crazy busy? I will try to post more often. Promise.

No comments: