Friday, February 1, 2008

Sick and Sicker

Richard and I are both sick. Of course we are. It's our respite weekend, when we finally get great big chunks of time together. I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection gone feral, and Richard has a good old-fashioned headcold. At least the kidlets won't have to suffer through the weekend with both of us so low-energy and growly. Grr.

On a positive note, I have been reflecting on what an amazing life we've created together. I try to never lose sight of what really matters; friends, family, our connection to God, and loving what is, instead of yearning for what isn't. We have a home we absolutely adore, in a town we love, and are foster parents to two incredible kids. We learn more about love every day. I asked Richard last night if somebody had told him he'd be in this place five years ago, what would he have said? He chuckled and said he would have told them they were smoking something.

What a life.

No comments: