Thursday, November 1, 2007

Yarn, Knitting, Blogging.. It All Makes Sense Now

This is my first post on my first blog, ever. Even though I've been a programmer and in the IT industry for over ten years, I guess I've been too busy reading/knitting/fighting sociological ills to really notice blogging. How weird is that?
About 4 or 5 years ago I knitted 6 scarves and gave them away and then lost interest in knitting. I guess I just didn't know there was more to it, like purling. So this August, prompted by a friend learning to knit, I re-took up knitting with a vengeance. So far I've made 5 hats, 3 scarves, a pair of socks, a shawl, a baby sweater and 2 pairs of baby booties. My husband knows we can't drive by an unexplored yarn shop without me becoming VERY animated and insistent that we stop. I get even more excited when they're open.
I'd like to make this blog a sort of knitting journal as well as a way to meeting other knitters and get fresh ideas. Mostly, I just like talking about knitting. So at long last, here I am!

No comments: